Before coming here
- If you want to use departmental libraries,please check each departmental Library Guide.
- Outside visitors to the Nagoya University Library may also browse the Library's collection of materials when they have an academic study,research, or survey theme.
※It is not allowed to use the seat and any facilities of the library. For example, on purpose of exam study.
- There is no parking lot in the library for visitors. Please visit by public transport. » Access
Ordering from Nagoya university library (ILL)
Except visiting the library in person, you can order materials from Nagoya University through your local library.
Please note that it may take more than one week to arrive, depending on congestion and where the materials are distributed.
- For undergraduate or graduate student of another university→Your university library
- For other external users→Nearby public library
Materials you can order
- Lending books
- You can't borrow journals.
- There are some materials you can't borrow such as books in laboratory and reference books.
- Return postage is required.
- Loan period(including shipping and return period)
Central Library ： Books for Reseachers→4weeks、Books for Undergraduates→3weeks
Departmental Library ： It depends on the each rule. Please confirm at the time of application.
- Photocopies of journal articles, parts of books
- It costs copying fee(35 yen per copy for black andwhite, 105 yen per copy for color) and shipping charge.
- If you want to copy more than half of a book, you need the author's permission.
For members of Institute of Developing Economies
- In accordance with "The Memorandum about Interlibrary Loan between IDE Library and Nagoya University Library", the members of Institute of Developing Economies(IDE) can borrow books from the following libraries of Nagoya University Library.
School of Education Library
Economic Research Center Library
Graduate School of International Development Library
※Borrow conditions vary according to the usage rules of each library.
- Please procedure issuance of "Nagoya University central library card" at the IDE library counter. We will send the card directly to the address on the application form in a week after applying. As a side note, you need proof of identity.
※IDE Library Opening hour Weekdays, 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month 10:00-18:00