Remote Access : Off Campus Web Services Start Page
News and Maintenance Info
Access to web services :
These are limited-time service.
prevent the spread of COVID-19
Please check each site for details.
- TKC Law Library
※ Only for Law School students.
- AAS Historical Periodicals Collection: Series 1 (EBSCOhost)
- AAS Historical Periodicals Collection: Series 2 (EBSCOhost)
- AAS Historical Periodicals Collection: Series 3 (EBSCOhost)
- AAS Historical Periodicals Collection: Series 4 (EBSCOhost)
- AAS Historical Periodicals Collection: Series 5 (EBSCOhost)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- America's Historical ImprintsEarly American Imprints, Series I: Evans, 1639-1800
- Amirsys Diagnostic Pathology Book Collection(Ovid)
- AMS eBooks Contemporary Mathematics
- Analytical abstracts (Royal Society of Chemistry Journals)
- Archives Unbound
- BAO: Business Archives Online ※note
- Biological Abstracts (Web of Science)
- Blackwell Reference Online » Wiley Online Library
- Book Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Brill (*Only purchased titles available)
- Cambridge Books Online (*Only purchased titles available)
- Cambridge Companions Online
- Cambridge Histories Online
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (EBSCOhost)
- Cochrane Clinical Answers (EBSCOhost)
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (EBSCOhost)
- Cochrane Methodology Register (EBSCOhost)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Current Contents Connect (Web of Science)
- Current Chemical Reactions (Web of Science)
- Data Citation Index （Web of Science）
- Derwent Innovations Index (Web of Science)
- Documents Related to political scientist Teiji Yabe ※note
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) (NII-REO)
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- EBSCOhost ASP
- EconLit (EBSCOhost)
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (NII-REO)
- ERIC (EBSCOhost)
- Essential Science Indicators (Web of Sciense)
- European Mathematical Society Publishing House eBook
- Gale eBooks
- German Yearbook of International Law v.17-58(Duncker & Humblot eLibrary)
- Google Scholar(Setting > Library links > Select "Nagoya University Library")
*An error accessing Google Scholar
- GreenFILE (EBSCOhost)
- Handbook of porphyrin Science v.21-30(World Scientific)
- Handbook of Carbon Nano Materials v.1-4(World Scientific)
- Harvard University Press eBook
- Hein Online *Available only members of the Faculty of Law
- Historical Annual Reports(ProQuest)
- History of Bankruptcy(Hein Online)
- History of International Law(Hein Online)
- History of Japan's Trade and Industry Policy Online (*Only purchased titles available) ※note
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers (HCPP)
- Index Chemicus (Web of Science)
- Infobase Publishing eBooks
- Intellectual Property Law Collection (Hein Online)
- JapanKnowledge Lib
- Journal Citation Reports
- Kagakusyo Shiryokan (Chemical reference books)
- KCI-Korean Journal Database (Web of Science)
- Keiyou Digital Library
- Kenkyusya Online Dictionary
- Kikuzo II visual
- Kokushi Daijiten Web
- Kusuda Collection: Sato Eisaku Papers ※note
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (EBSCOhost)
- Maruzen eBook Library
- MEDLINE (EBSCOhost)
- MEDLINE (Web of Science)
- MLA Directory of Periodicals (EBSCOhost)
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCOhost)
- Mergent Online
- Methods in Organic Synthesis (Royal Society of Chemistry Journals)
- Natural Product Updates (Royal Society of Chemistry Journals)
- NBER Working Papers
- Nikkoku Online
- OECD iLibrary
- Oxford English Dictionary(OED)
- Oxford Journals
- Oxford Handbooks Online
- Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- Periodicals Archive Online(ProQuest)
- Periodicals Index Online(ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
- ProQuest Ebook Central
- Pier Online
- Real Reads Interactive - Classic Literature eBook Collection
- Rika nenpyo premium (Chronological Scientific Tables)
- Routledge Handbooks Online
- Russian Science Citation Index (Web of Science)
- SciELO Citation Index (Web of Science)
- SpringerLink Book Series
- Sustainable Development Goals Online (SDGO)
- Taylor & Francis eBooks
- Teacher Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- The Japan Times Archives
- The Making of the Modern World
- The Times Digital Archive
- Thomson Reuters ProView
- U-for Kakumei » eol
- Visible Body (Human Anatomy Atlas, Anatomy & Physiology)
- Virginia Company Archives
- Web of Science
- Web OYA-bunko
- Westlaw Japan
- Wiley Digital Archives : The Royal Anthoropology Institute - Wiley Online Library - World Constitutions Illustrated(Hein Online)
- World Scientific (*Only purchased titles available)
- Zoological Record (Web of Science)
- American Chemical Society
- AIP(American Institute of Physics)
- Annual Reviews
- American Physical Society
- ASCE Library(American Society of Civil Engineers)
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- American Society for Microbiology
- Cambridge Core
- Cell Press (ScienceDirect)
- European Mathematical Society
- Institute of Physics Journals (IOP)
- LexisNexis Academic>>Nexis Uni
- MIT Press
- Nature Publishing Group
- Nexis Uni
- Oxford University Press
- Periodicals Archive Online
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Taylor & Francis Online
- University of California Press
- University of Chicago Press
- Wiley Online Library
- EMBO journal (Wiley Online Library)
- Genes & Development
- Holzforschung (DeGruyter)
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine(Highwire Press Society of Nuclear Medicine)
- Cambridge Journals (Cambridge Core)
- Phronesis (IngentaConnect Journals)
- Plant cell (Highwire Press Journals)
- Plant physiology
(Highwire Press Journals)
- PNAS (Highwire Press Journals)
- Science (Highwire Press Journals)
Reference management software
This Proxy Service uses the SSL digital certificate issued by DigiCert.
- Have a Nagoya University ID and password to get access to this service. Ensure that the service needed is included in the list on the right side of this page.
- The services on the list are provided to the University members by the providers for off campus access. Access to other services is limited to on campus use.
- Click the name of the service in the list. You will be asked to enter an ID and password. Access to the service will be granted after identification is accepted.
If no screen transition is observed, try reloading (e.g. clicking 'Reload current page' or 'Refresh') on that page.
Access to such services from outside the University is available only through this start page.
- Click "log out" button on this page.
- Click "log out of CAS" (Central Authentication Service).
Users must log out of both the proxy service and CAS for a complete logout. When the window is closed without logging out, it is possible to log out by accessing this page on a new window.
When the service is left unused for 120 minutes, you will be logged out of the proxy service automatically.
While logging into the services, users will fall outside the range of the proxy service when electronic journal sites are accessed directly from a bookmark such as Favorites. Be sure to follow links from this page. If you jump from this page to a website not supported by the proxy service you will also go out of the range of the service.
Users should understand that the proxy service is only accessible within the range of its supporting sites.
It is possible to find out if the user is within the range of proxy service in the URL of the browser. For example, while in the following site,
if the URL has 'ejgw.nul.nagoya-u.ac.jp' as in the following,
the user is within the range of the proxy. If 'ejgw.nul.nagoya-u.ac.jp' is not in the address, the user is outside of the range of the proxy. Messages such as 'Unauthorized to use the site' may appear on the monitor.
The following diagram shows the image of within and outside of range. Software called EzProxy is used, whose name appears in the diagram.
When realizing that you have gone out of range of the service, return to this page and follow links to the necessary page, which is accessible without logging in.
- Who is eligible to use this service?
- What is "Nagoya University ID"?
- The database I use regularly is not on the list. What should I do?
- I closed the window without logging out of the proxy service connection. What should I do?
- When I try to access a database, the message 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate' appears on the monitor. What is wrong?
- When I open the index (in a PDF format) of an article to jump to the article I want, I go out of range of the EzProxy service. How can I read the article?
- I am a professor emeritus. Can I use electronic journals off campus? What procedures should I follow?
Who is eligible to use this service?
Any current member of Nagoya University may use this service. It is not available to alumni or retirees.Members of Nagoya University consist of professors emeritus and current faculty and students.
What is "Nagoya University ID"?Nagoya University ID is given to every member of Nagoya University and may be used as a lifelong ID.
Graduate and undergraduate students are given their ID by the registrar in print at enrollment, and faculty is also notified in print. Other students and researchers who have applied for an ID may use it.
For details, contact the front desk at Information Technology Center of the Information and Communications Headquarters on the first floor. (Tel.:052-789-4354 e-mail:email@example.com). Those who have a Nagoya University ID may not log in if not eligible to use this service. (cf. 'Who is eligible to use this service?')
Ref. Nagoya University ID http://www.icts.nagoya-u.ac.jp/en/services/nuid/
The database I use regularly is not on the list. What should I do?
This service consists of databases, electronic journals, and electronic books which the off-campus use is approved by the contracted providers. Electronic services not listed should be used on campus.
When I try to access a database, the message 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate' appears on the monitor. What is wrong?
The message appears if the link URL starts with 'https://'. This happens when the database site is not considered safe. The URLs on the list link to the right page. Approve the irregularity of the security credential to access the database by the following procedure.
For Internet Explorer7:
The message 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate' appears.
» Click 'Continue to this website (not recommended)'
The message 'This Connection is Untrusted' appears.
» Click 'I understand the Risks'
» Click 'Add Exception'
» Click 'Confirm Security Exception' button in the pop-up window.
I closed the window without logging out of the proxy service connection. What should I do?
When the window is closed without logging out, it is possible to log out by accessing this page on a new window.
When the service is left unused for 120 minutes, you will be logged out of the proxy service automatically. For security purposes, do not forget to log out.
When I open the index (in a PDF format) of an article to jump to the article I want, I go out of range of the EzProxy service. How can I read the article?
If you jump via PDF files, you will go outside the range of the Proxy service. Always choose a HTML format to jump through the index page to the links needed.
I am a professor emeritus. Can I use electronic journals off campus? What procedures should I follow?
A professor emeritus can get access to this service with Nagoya University ID from May, 2008.
*The former ID (Dedicated ID for remote access) is expired March 31, 2009.
Nagoya University ID is informed by submitting 'Nagoya University ID Application' to the front desk at Information Technology Center of the Information and Communications Headquarters on the first floor (Tel.:052-789-4354).
After you get Nagoya University ID, please follow the starting procedure.
For more information, please refer :Nagoya University ID http://www.icts.nagoya-u.ac.jp/en/info-english/nuid-english.html
*Application forms, documents required, etc.
Attention : If you have Nagoya University ID issued before May 2008, you may not log in with your ID. In that case, you need to submit 'Nagoya University ID Application' again. Please contact the front desk at Information Technology Center of the Information and Communications Headquarters.